Quote

If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

I am Hungry

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article is of the individual author's only and not to be construed in any manner as the official views of IIT Madras.

How I see the world..
How the world sees me..
I may do it willingly or unwillingly.. I don't know anything.. I don't care about anything..
There is a similarity between me and the society: I don't care about them, nor they care about me. "The world" and "me" are complete strangers to each other. I don't know anything. I just know my stomach is empty and it need to be feed anyhow.
The society is the river. I will flow in the river the way it want me to flow. The society can use me anyhow it need. They may be aware or not of the long-term consequences.




May be.. my current situation is profitable to some of the individuals.. may be it is a long term loss to the society as a whole.. may be people are conscious about each and every aspect of the child labour.. I don't care about anything because I am foolish, unaware, ignorant..
People are ignorant too, they don't know how a economy works. I am contributing to the GDP of the country, yet there is loss involved for the country.
Society's responsibility is to build me.. my responsibility is to contribute.. I am playing my part, the society is not playing its.
If the country invests on me now, the return will be far more of which I am contributing now.
The most interesting point is I am I am doing this unknowingly.. I am ignorant..
I am unknowingly contributing.. individuals are unknowingly/knowingly exploiting.. the society is ignorantly experiencing loss..
I just know one thing.. I am hungry and have to feed my stomach..

Contributed by Sumit Singh Thakur. Sumit is a Dual Degree student in the Department of Civil Engineering,IIT Madras

1 comment: